TechOWL – Technology for Our Whole Lives is a part of the Institute on Disabilities
Did you know that every state has a program to help people with disabilities and others explore, find and get the tools and technology they need? These tools may be needed for school, work, and life in the community.
TechOWL (formerly PIAT) helps people with disabilities explore the tools and technology they need to be independent. TechOWL is Pennsylvania’s Assistive Technology Act program. TechOWL has 9 regional centers across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
We have many different programs and projects including:
- A statewide technology Lending Library – “try before you buy”
- Answering questions and providing information to Pennsylvanians about Assistive Technology
- Demonstrations to help people find the best technology to fit their needs
- Training and Presentations
- ReUse accepting donations and finding homes for lightly used equipment
- Free Special Phones for people who can’t use a typical phone
- iCanConnect for people with both vision and hearing loss
TechOWL is part of the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University. If you have any questions use the chat bubble on the right corner of your screen, call us at 800-204-7428, or contact us at TechOWL@temple.edu