Order from our catalog, get something made, or volunteer to make!
We can CreATe Together!
CreATe Together matches users and makers together and supports the making process. We make solutions WITH you – not for you.
Do you know what you need but can’t find it at a store? We might have an idea for a simple solution or know how to find someone to help you make what you need.
Using common materials and creativity, makers are creating all sorts of tools and solutions with people to make life easier.
3D Printed AT
CreATe Together has several partners that have 3D printers! We have a catalog of AT to choose from. Take a look and request an item.
Request Something Custom
CreATe Together matches AT makers with AT users.
- An AT Maker is any person who has a skill or can follow directions and wants to help someone be more independent. Skills might be in an area like electronics, engineering, or sewing, arts and crafts, woodworking, 3-D printing, or computers.
- An AT User is any person who uses a tool or technology to be more independent. AT users often have an idea of what they wish they could do or have made.
- An AT Solution is the creation of a tool by the maker(s) and user(s) together. An AT Solution can be anything from a wheelchair mount, weighted blanket, modified clothing, personal self-care tools, access to devices with a switch or voice, special furniture, modified kitchen tools. – The possibilities are endless.
CreATe Together provides support and guidance throughout the entire process.
Important terms and conditions
TechOWL follows all the guidelines from the Creative Commons. This means that we must follow these guidelines:
- We must give credit to the original creators of the files
- We do not receive any money for the items that we print.
- We must share any edits that we make with the same “Creative Commons” license
- No additional restrictions
To learn more about the Creative Commons license that we follow, check out the Creative Commons guidelines.
Release of Liability and Terms
Below is the terms and conditions of receiving a device from the CreATe Together program. By accepting the device(s) you are agreeing to the Release of Liability and other terms and conditions listed.
“I (“The Recipient”) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Institute on Disabilities, Temple University, Hiram G. Andrews Center, the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, the Department of Labor and Industry, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and any and all partners, employees, agents or representatives of same, from damages to property or injuries (including death) to myself, and/or any other person, and any other losses, damages, expenses, claims, demands, suits, and actions by any party against the Institute on Disabilities, Temple University, Hiram G. Andrews Center, the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, the Department of Labor and Industry, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and any and all partners, employees, agents or representatives of the same, in connection with an item donated to me from Pennsylvania’s Assistive Technology Lending Library (ATLL) and/or the Used Equipment Exchange Program.
I understand I am receiving this item in “as is” condition and acknowledge that the donation is final. I understand that the item is no longer sold or supported by the manufacturer.
I understand that I am now the owner of the device, and that I am solely responsible for any additional accessories, evaluation, training, repair, replacement parts (including batteries), and for the safe disposable of the device once I no longer want or need it.
By accepting this device, I (“The Recipient”) agree to the Release of Liability and other terms and conditions as listed above.”