Adapted Toy Drive for the Holidays!
We are making and giving switch-adapted toys to children with disabilities in Pennsylvania
About the Adapted Toy Drive
Every Winter, TechOWL partners with undergraduate students at Temple University and community partners to provide children with disabilities accessible switch adapted toys for the holiday season! We believe that having an accessible toy to open for the holidays should NOT put families into debt. This is why we provide this service completely for FREE to the recipients.
Recipients will each get a battery-operated toy with a 3D-printed switch to activate it.
Did your child get an adapted toy? Here are some ideas for using it!
- General Battery Interrupter and Switch Positioning Tips (pdf)
- Make sure you have turned your toy "on" before playing!
- Tips for trucks and trains:
- Remove the black cap covering the wheels on the bottom of your toy.
- Set up a contained play area using blocks, furniture, or pool noodles as a barrier. This will keep your toy from running out of reach!
- Tips for the Penguin Race toy:
- Follow the numbers, not the colors, when assembling the race track.
- Set the on/off switch to the central position if you want to play on silent mode.