TechOWL: Technology for Our Whole Lives
If you live in Pennsylvania and have a disability, we want you to know about TechOWL. TechOWL: Technology for Our Whole Lives combines the many assistive technology programs to help you find tools and technology that will work for you.
For over 20 years, Temple University's College of Education has been home to the Institute on Disabilities. The Institute of Disabilities has been home to many different assistive technology programs. TechOWL puts all of these programs in one place for you to use.
- Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT) AT Act Program provides
- Information & assistance
- Referrals to other organizations
- AT demonstrations
- Device borrowing
- Equipment ReUse and exchange
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library (ATLL) offers
- Statewide device loans
- The Telecommunication Device Distribution Program (TDDP) provides
- Free special phones
- iCanConnectPA offers
- Equipment for people with both vision and hearing loss
- AACCommunity.net provides
- Information and resources about Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- The DelSordo Fund offers
- Help funding AT
- The Institute on Disabilities provides
- Intensive Programs such as ACES: Augmentative Communication and Empowerment Supports
- Emergency Planning
- Personal Consultation Services
- and more....
What is Assistive Technology?
Any thing that is used by a person with a disability to make everyday activities possible or easier is called Assistive Technology (AT).