Let's Talk about Sex - AAC and Me
Learn and talk about sexuality, sexual expression, sexual behavior, and intimacy with AAC
ACES 2021 - Let's Talk about Sex
Join us for a 6-week ACES Online Strand for AAC users. Learn and talk about sexuality, sexual expression, sexual behavior, and intimacy. Hear from other AAC users and others in the AAC Community. Share experiences and gain knowledge about consent, relationships, and the vocabulary needed to talk about sex. These sessions will be held on Zoom and will include information-sharing discussions and workshops. All AAC voices are welcome to attend.
Attend one, some, or all of the sessions. Choose the topics that are relevant to you.
You can attend if you:
- Identify as an AAC user (i.e., you communicate in different ways using some or no speech; you use devices, gestures, signs, physical movements, pictures, text, etc. to communicate)
- Are 18 years or older
- 6 weeks starting November 4, 2021
- Weekly on Thursdays at 2:00 EST
- Sex: So Many Questions
- November 4: information session
- November 11: workshop conversation
- Sexual Expression, Identification, and Relationships
- November 18: information session
- December 2: workshop conversation
- Sexual Behavior: Consent, Touch, and Consequences
- December 9: information session
- December 16: workshop conversation
- Everyone will be in their own home or place.
- Choose an area where you feel comfortable with the discussion of sensitive topics and private information.
- ACES uses Zoom online.
- 3 information-sharing discussions and 3 workshops
- Information-sharing discussions will introduce a topic. Sometimes there will be a presentation. There will be an open discussion in the chat and time for comments/questions.
- Workshops will include more open discussion, activities, and Q&A.
- Access to an online platform for materials and continued conversation with other participants
- This online strand is FREE.
Please note this strand includes sensitive topics such as sexuality and abuse.