- Pennsylvania's designated Assistive Technology Act Program
- 9 regional centers across the Commonwealth of PA.
- Funded by the federal and state governments as well as other grants
TechOWL helps Pennsylvanians find technology, tools and gadgets to live our best lives.
Sensory Equipment at Philly Vaccination Sites
TechOWL provided city vaccination sites with sensory kits, paid for by the Philadelphia Autism Project. Getting a vaccine is hard enough! Having the right tools can make it easier.
Check out this article to learn more about this great initiative!
Assistive Technology Lending Library
The Assistive Technology Lending Library (ATLL) has hundreds of items to choose from! The loan periods are 9 weeks long. We ship the item directly to your home and include the pre-paid return label in the box.
Create an account, add an item to the cart, and request! It's easy. Borrow a device from us today!
Free Special Phone Program
The Free Special Phone program helps Pennsylvanians with disabilities get phones for free. This program specifically works with those with disabilities that make it difficult to use a phone in a traditional way. Learn more on the TDDP page!
Del Sordo Fund
Are you interested in a customized or 3D printed assistive device? Maeve's parents contacted us for a recreational walker. With the help of 2 rockstar Temple University students, we were able to make her a walker and paint it purple - her favorite color. Check out the devices we offer on the CreATe Together Catalog
Augmentative and Alternative Communication
Connect with an SLP
ACES is an annual event where young adults who use AAC come together to learn about AAC and other topics like living independently. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this event has been online. If you or a loved one are interested in learning more, please email Kathryn.Helland@temple.edu or Hali.Strickler@temple.edu
Meet-ups with TechOWL!
PA Assistive Technology Network
PA Assistive Technology Network meets the last Tuesday of the month at 1pm (odd months) or 7pm (even months)
PA Occupational Therapy Network
The PA Occupational Therapy Network meet-up is every first Tuesday of each month from 7:30-8:30 pm
The AAC meet-up happens every Tuesday and Thursday from 2-3pm
- is Pennsylvania's designated Assistive Technology Act Program.
- is part of the Institute on Disabilities in the College of Education and Human Development at Temple University.
- serves all Pennsylvanians with any disability - veterans - seniors.
- has 9 regional centers across the Commonwealth of PA.
- is funded by the federal and state governments as well as other grants.