- Pennsylvania's designated Assistive Technology Act Program
- 9 regional centers across the Commonwealth of PA.
- Funded by the federal and state governments as well as other grants
TechOWL helps Pennsylvanians find technology, tools and gadgets to live our best lives.
AAC Essentials - Free Asynchronous Online Training
This quarter we launched out fully Asynchronous FREE online certificate baring training all about augmentative and alternative communication. You can choose 1 of 4 categories to guide your training path: (1) For Supports Coordinators, (2) For Family, Friends, and Supporters, (3) For AAC Users, and (4) For Administrators and Leaders. Take this free course today!
Assistive Technology Lending Library
The Assistive Technology Lending Library (ATLL) has hundreds of items to choose from! The loan periods are 9 weeks long. We ship the item directly to your home and include the pre-paid return label in the box.
Create an account, add an item to the cart, and request! It's easy. Borrow a device from us today!
Free Special Phone Program
The Free Special Phone program helps Pennsylvanians with disabilities get phones for free. This program specifically works with those with disabilities that make it difficult to use a phone in a traditional way. Learn more on the TDDP page!
Connect with Tech
On January 17th TechOWL launched the new "Connect with Tech" program which provides Pennsylvanians with a tablet, headphone set, and stylus to better access virtual medical visits. Since its launch, TechOWL has provided thousands of tablets to Pennsylvanians across 64 counties.
Del Sordo Fund
Augmentative and Alternative Communication
Connect with an SLP
ACES is an annual event where young adults who use AAC come together to learn about AAC and other topics like living independently. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this event has been online. If you or a loved one are interested in learning more, please email Kathryn.Helland@temple.edu or Hali.Strickler@temple.edu
Meet-ups with TechOWL!
PA Assistive Technology Network
PA Assistive Technology Network meets the last Tuesday of the month at 1pm (odd months) or 7pm (even months)
PA Occupational Therapy Network
The PA Occupational Therapy Network meet-up is every first Tuesday of each month from 7:30-8:30 pm
The AAC meet-up happens every Tuesday and Thursday from 2-3pm
- is Pennsylvania's designated Assistive Technology Act Program.
- is part of the Institute on Disabilities in the College of Education and Human Development at Temple University.
- serves all Pennsylvanians with any disability - veterans - seniors.
- has 9 regional centers across the Commonwealth of PA.
- is funded by the federal and state governments as well as other grants.