Senior Project Coordinator
TechOWL has an immediate opening for the right person to join our assistive technology (AT) team at Temple University in Philadelphia. This Senior Project Coordinator will help people with disabilities explore tools and technology to make life easier. This person will also concentrate on the statewide AT reuse and recycling program.
Do you want to make a difference for people with disabilities?
We work for all Pennsylvanians with all disabilities.
Do you believe in person-centered decision making?
We work in partnership with AT users, facilitating discovery and success.
Do you know that tools and technology can make life easier?
We work to find the most accessible and up-to-date AT solutions.
Do you aspire to work with a passionate and ambitious team?
We support each other individually and also know that – together, we can do our best work. We know that our differences create strength and work toward a robustly diverse team.
TechOWL at the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University in the College of Education is a group of programs charged with providing access to and acquisition of assistive technology for Pennsylvanians with disabilities.
Assistive technology is any tool or technology used to increase, maintain, or improve functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of directly related experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of and experience with people with disabilities and assistive technology devices, understanding of mobility and accessibility issues.
- Proven ability to learn with detail the assigned service delivery systems – Early intervention and school-aged programs
- Proven ability to learn with detail the current needs and particularities of the assigned population of assistive technology users- Physical and Motor Impairment, Learning Disabilities
- Demonstrated general understanding of assistive technologies with an in-depth focus on Computer Access.
- Ability to frequently travel independently regionally, statewide and nationally; transport, set-up and use devices and materials necessary to provide consumers support, device demonstrations, AT training and presentations.
- Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Howard Gittis Student Center
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job