Free Special Phones
If you have trouble using a regular telephone, you might be able to get a free special phone.
- Be a Pennsylvania resident with a disability or disabilities that prevent you from making and/or receiving phone calls independently;
- Be six years of age or older;
- Have an individual gross income of 200% of the federal poverty level or less;
- Have a current home or mobile telephone service; and
- Have the ability to learn how to use the requested device(s).
If you can answer YES to ALL of the above questions, you may be eligible for free equipment.
If you are eligible, you get to choose your equipment from our catalog.
Once you choose your equipment, your decision is final and it cannot be exchanged.
Before you choose equipment, learn about your choices.
In order to make the best decision, we STRONGLY suggest that you either borrow equipment from our lending library or meet with us and see all of the possible choices you have.
You need to decide if you want a home phone or wireless device. You cannot get both.