1. Who can use the lending library?
Anyone in Pennsylvania can use the lending library to meet a disability-related need! We loan directly to users and families, as well as to teachers and therapists. View the Borrowing Instructions to get started. If using an online account is not accessible for you, we are happy to take your library request over the phone.
2. How long can I borrow something from the lending library?
Our loan period is 5 weeks long. (iPads and Chromebooks are 9 weeks.) If you need more time you can contact us and ask for an extension. If there is no waiting list for the device/app we can extend the loan. If we cannot extend the loan because there is a waiting list, you can request the item again and we will put you on the waiting list.
3. How many items can I borrow at once?
Each user may borrow up to three items at a time from the lending library.
You may not borrow duplicates of the same item. If there is a reason you need duplicate items, feel free to contact us and we can suggest solutions. For instance, if you are a speech therapist who wants to trial devices with multiple clients, we encourage you to have the client (or family) place the request directly.
Thanks for your understanding. These policies help us to keep track of who we are serving and to ensure fair access to devices.
4. What am I responsible for?
Before you submit your loan request, you will be shown the fine print of our responsibility and liability statement. At this time, you agree to be responsible for:
- Proper handling and use of the device
- Return of all components to the library in a timely manner
- Notifying the library of any missing, broken, or malfunctioning equipment immediately
- Paying for items that you lose or break. You are not responsible for paying for damage that occurs during normal use.
You also verify that you understand TechOWL is not responsible for any injury that happens to you from using our devices.
5. What does it mean that my request was “fulfilled”?
If you receive an email stating that your request was fulfilled, it means that the lending library has your request and is working on getting your order ready. If there is a waitlist for an item, it may still be a few weeks until you receive your device/s in the mail. When the package is on it’s way to you, you will receive an email with a UPS tracking number and estimated delivery date.
6. How do I return the device? Do I have to pay for shipping?
TechOWL covers all shipping costs. Using the lending library is completely free for you. When your device arrives, there will be a return label inside the box. This label is prepaid. Please save the box, and the label, to use for your return.
You can drop your return off at a local UPS or you can contact TechOWL to have us schedule a home pickup for your convenience.