Used Equipment Disclaimer
Welcome to TechOWL Used Equipment!
The used equipment online classifieds, is a feature that connects people with available AT! Please read the following information carefully.
This is a user-driven database with entry, edit, delete and search capabilities. The exchange program is designed to facilitate transactions between Pennsylvanians, and is not for the sale or procurement of equipment by vendors or distributors. PIAT does not profit from the sale of listed devices.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND TERMS
TechOwl does not warrant the condition or terms of sale of any device offered for reutilization by an existing owner or borrower. TechOwl shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses (including but not limited to settlements, judgments, court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees) fines, and penalties, arising out of any actual or alleged injury, loss, or damage of any nature whatsoever in connection with the sale or use of any device purchased or sold. It shall be the responsibility of the seller to provide accurate and detailed information about the device’s specifications and condition to any buyer. TechOwl functions solely as an information-sharing communication channel.
TechOwl reserves the right to edit or refuse listings based on the item description and condition.
Posting any device or equipment you are acknowledging the following terms:
- I understand I am receiving this item in “as is” condition and acknowledge that the donation is final.
- I understand that the item is no longer sold or supported by the manufacturer.
- I agree to pay the expenses related to delivery or shipment of the device to me.
- I understand that any expenses related to the delivery of this device will be agreed by the seller.
- If items are listed by TechOWL, I understand that any payment for shipping/ processing must be in the form of a MONEY ORDER and made out to “Temple University”. Personal check or cash will not be accepted.
- I agree to respond to follow-up contacts from PIAT/TechOwl regarding my satisfaction and use of this device.
By accepting these terms, you agree to hold harmless the Institute on Disabilities, Pennsylvania’s Initiative on Assistive Technology/ TechOwl should you experience a problem with any transaction arising from the online classifieds.